Monday, May 3, 2010

Keep Your Head Up!

**Repost of MySpace Blog from October 02, 2008**

A couple days ago, I blogged about not being deterred from my goals because of negativity. It was my personal declaration of determination and happiness. In recent weeks, some of my friends and loved ones have not been as fortunate. They are facing daily pressures and heartaches that are too much to bear. Family issues, relationship drama, financial pitfalls, work frustrations, and breaking friendships have plagued them all. And it breaks my heart to see people I care about getting shitted on from all aspects of life. Why is it always the good people that have to fight the hardest? Every roadblock is a test of your ability to survive. I get that. But sometimes it feels like life itself wants you to fail. You know that old saying, "When it rains, it pours"? My people are caught in a freakin' hurricane right now. Hurricane Joy Stealer.

I know there is only so much I can do for them. I wish I could do more. If I could turn back the hands of time, I'd stop the pain and stress from happening in the first place. Sure, we need our tests in life but damn! Not ten tests at once! There aren't enough Cliff Notes in the world to help explain the complexities and meanings of our soul-scarring experiences.

I know I have been on a song kick for the last few blogs but this seems so fitting:
Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier.
Ooh-oo child, things'll be brighter.
Someday, yeah, we'll put it together and we'll get it all done
Someday when your head is much lighter.
Someday, yeah, we'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun
Someday When the world is much brighter

Here's some advice:
-Don't hold grudges against your people. You waste time being mad and miss opportunities to make new memories. Don't let one mistake ruin a solid friendship. Remember all the other times they were there for you.

-In terms of relationships, FORGET HIM OR HER. You are better off without them! If they caused you pain on more that one occasion, they were idiots unworthy of your time.

-If people offer to help you money wise, don't be too proud to accept. Keep being a proud fool if you want to. Your proud ass will be without a car, place to live and food. People offer help because they care, not because they pity you.

-And if work is getting you down... Hell, send me your damn resume. Lol. We can find you something else. Do your best to leave work stress at work. If it affects your home life, it is time for a new start somewhere else.

And above all, keep your head up and don't let anyone steal your happiness.

And know that people have love for you. Especially me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment